Saturday, August 2, 2008

Going Back to School

This relates to my blog.

I'm going back to school for my Master's degree. We see what my undergrad (and my lack of tenaciousness) has gotten for me. I've finally decided I would grow up and become a college professor. But in the process, I have decided to combine my love of sports and my love of politics and make the world a better place in the process.

Okay, maybe not 'make the world a better place', but I will try to make the ideas, with which I agree, a little more prevelent in American and, possibly, international thought.

If you have ever heard of PeacePlayers International, then you might get where I am going with this. But you may not.

As I have said plenty of times in my life, I am extremely passionate about sports. I have favorite teams, but I almost always think about the betterment of the sport than about my own team. But I don't think this is about professional sports. I say that because I'm still formulating my own thoughts on the subject.

I am pretty sure I will stick with just using sport as a way to resolve conflicts (long term, of course). I believe that sometimes it's a relatively inexpensive way to work towards peace without even knowing it. And that's just something we should think about.

Of course, many people are not focused on international relations. A lot of people don't see that what happens there (outside the US) does affect us here.

That's simply what I am interested in: peace-making through sports.

No comments: