I'm sure that someone might be curious. Someone, anyone, the air out there, someone might be curious. So, I thought I would tell. If you aren't curious, there will be a blog entry after this and there are a few before this.
Yes, I love many things besides sports. I'm a gardening nut. This year, due to financial issues completely unforeseen, I don't have much to spend on the yard, so the new and exciting, the stuff I would love to buy, I definitely can't. I quibbled just the other day about buying two books I was looking forward to reading.
I don't normally quibble about such things. So, gardening this year is simply weeding, cutting and plant tending. And most definitely enjoying what blooms. The roses endured a lot last year. They aren't quite content. My hostas (the great variety I have) are abundant and exuberant this year. And the phlox and the butterfly bushes are going quite crazy, something that has made my yard smell quite divine (especially since the honeysuckle quit blooming). It's rather restful and enjoyable.
My irises bloomed this year and I didn't even really notice. Damn the garden, full speed ahead for the wedding. They'll be around again next year, I just feel guilty.
I do, very much, enjoy my garden. It's been around since I came back to the United States in 2002. It's been one of the few constants in my life. My dear husband could not care any less about the garden. The only thing he cares about is that it makes me happy.
It, like sports, and reading, are the 'things' that make me happy. There... I've shared.

1 comment:
Hello Francesca,
Sorry to hear about your financial difficulty. If you have time, drop by my site at www.financemind.com. It's all about getting out of debt, building wealth and being financially free.
If you like my articles, feel free to link to them. I'd be very grateful.
Cheers.
Post a Comment