It's a shame. It really is.
As I write this, Kevin Everett is either getting out of, or undergoing, emergency surgery for the spinal injury he received in a freak accident during the Bills/Broncos game today. I was watching tennis, golf and baseball today, so I didn't watch much football until the Giants/Cowboys game tonight. I heard about the injury during the game, and wondered how bad it was.
It's one of those things that I don't think would happen while I was at work. He's just doing his job and all of a sudden, reality kicks in that even though playing football is supposed to be a fun job, it's also a dangerous one. My prayers are with him.
And I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention Juan Encarnacion and his injury which may have ended his career. It's been a rough year for the Cardinals and this last particular injury is too odd to have anything but the 'why us' attitude start to reappear. The Cardinals have been the hard luck baseball team this year.... But seriously, who would have thought a baseball injury would have happened before the player was actually within the white lines? And Encarnacion may never play the sport again.
It's a weird world we live in. The folks who we watch so that we can have fun are playing a game, but it's their job and their job is dangerous.
This week has reminded me of that more than once.
My prayers are with the families, friends and others who have dealt with these sort of serious injuries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment