Sunday, December 6, 2009

Football and other things...

You know, football isn't my favorite sport. That is truly college basketball. I can watch all other basketball and be happy, but college basketball (like the games I got to see yesterday) are where my heart truly is...

With that said, today has been a good football day for me. I have had a love affair with my Colts since they were losers... So now that they are fantastic, I'm thrilled. I have started loving the Saints because they have been bringing hope to a city that deserves more hope than they can find. I have a few friends who are displaced from New Orleans and I can't help be happy for them.

And the Pats lost (sorry Tom, too many covers for you)...

My two U's won yesterday in basketball. One U, the one I work at, doesn't have football. The women's basketball team won and the men's basketball team won. That's good. The other U, the University of Kentucky, is dealing with a football program in a premier football conference. They win enough, just not a lot. But the basketball team is doing pretty well thus far.

I just had a thought. My U, my other U and my favorite football team are all undefeated currently. Wow.

That's another set of thoughts for another day.

No comments: