Sunday, December 2, 2007

BCS Mess

The title is something I have seen on almost every sports show since yesterday. The possibility of so many teams vying for the spot against Ohio (which I have already written about) leaves many people frustrated and sometimes speechless. Here's how I see the picture: Ohio will be in there even if I think that's a ludicrous thing. I thoroughly believe it will be a travesty if the SEC doesn't have a team in the national championship. I believe that if Hawaii doesn't get a BCS bid, the computers need to be shot and the people need to have their voting privileges revoked. Oklahoma deserves a bid. Virginia Tech (in my mind) almost deserves a spot in the National Championship. In fact, if the BCS folks were smart (which I haven't ever given them credit for that) it should be LSU versus VaTech. Ohio could play in the Rose Bowl against USC or something like that. Hawaii goes to the Fiesta against Oklahoma (and proves that the WAC is underrated). And Georgia in the Sugar Bowl against Kansas. Okay, so that makes sense to me. And I have left out a bowl game, but since the BCS is a mess, I may as well be too.

Wait, two wrongs don't make a right. In the Orange Bowl, in Miami, they should have some team versus West Virginia. At this point, who knows? I surely don't. But my decisions are based on what I have seen, and I am not paid to watch football, I just watch what I can.

And I bet that what I think will not happen. And that's fine. But what the BCS does, no doubt, will be a travesty to many.

No comments: