Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sadness

I think we live in a world where reality dominates television, politics are nothing but dirty with a chance of positive change only once in a while.

And senseless violence is something we often ignore. We don't pay attention to the stabbing death of an innocent cabbie in Indianapolis. We don't see that an innocent Oakland man was killed by a mob who apparently wanted to shoot at the vehicle, riddled with bullets. But the world, we are allowed into the life of one man who died at home, while in bed with his love and with his child sleeping nearby.

It's so sad. It's sad to see 24-year-old Sean Taylor is no longer part of this world. I read someone somewhere who was saying that Sean Taylor mattered just as much as everyone else who died on the same day. I agree. But Sean Taylor is the public face of an American institution. And he is the public face of something sad. Senseless crime is never right.

And I am a little sad for a lot of reasons. But one of them is that there is one less Washington Redskin tonight.

No comments: