It's a strange world that I live in. I'm a huge Colts fan. And I was, and always will be a Colts fan. I used to cheer for the Colts when they were in Baltimore. And when they pulled their stakes out in the middle of the night, I had my stomach turn for a few more minutes, and then I was thankful that they were closer to where I lived. I was only 13 when it happened, and I wasn't all that big a sports fan back then, but I would cheer for the Colts back then and continued to do so when I was in Japan.
In 1998, Jim Mora was the coach of the 3-13 Colts, Peyton was the starting quarterback for most of the season, and I would wear a Colts t-shirt to bed every night. 1999 (13-3), 2000 (10-6), 2001 (6-10), 2002 (10-6), I was seriously wavering on my Colt's fanship, not because of their QB (who I loved) but because I was living (for the most part) in Japan. It's tough to root for a team you never saw on televsion. By November 2002, I returned back here (that spot in Kentucky, painfully close to Indiana) and went to college. It was amazing, seeing all the Colts fans all over the place. Around here, it's Colts, Titans and Rams (in that order for favorites) and the occasional Cowboys, Patriots, and other teams. As of late, because of Jay Cutler, who's nearly a local boy, the Denver Broncos have been getting some pub, therefore more t-shirts, therefore more fans.
But I have to say, I shook my head in 2002 when they hired Tony Dungy. I can be stupid sometimes. I realized in early 2004, just as I was getting ready to graduate from college, that Tony Dungy was a mild mannered genious. And I was happy for that.
So, we come to this weekend, one of the most anticipated games (especially around here), where the New England Patriots march into the RCA Dome (its last year in existance) and I am simply afraid to say that my Colts will beat the Patriots.
I've seen them play, on television (I was going to pay 600 dollars for tickets, but I had no one to go with, how about them apples?). I understand the best offense versus the best defense mentality. I wonder who really has the best of either, offense or defense.
There are a lot of people who are thinking that the Patriots will win. I am not sure of this. There are quite a few people who think that the Colts just might pull out a win. I'm not sure of this either.
But I am sure of one thing: Go Colts!
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment