Saturday, November 24, 2007

BCS - So Many People Know It's Not The Best Way

And I am one of those people. But I can't figure out a simple solution. I can't figure out how a Ohio team with the battle wear of Kent State, Youngstown State and Akron and with a strength of schedule that looks weaker than Hawaii's is somehow 'vying' for the national championship.

West Virginia has a better schedule than Hawaii, but what about the onslaught of the SEC? Why is it that the SEC teams beat each other up and beat each other out of the national championship run? West Virginia's Big East isn't that strong yet. I have yet to see a team this year that excels like teams in past years have done. If Kansas were to win the game tonight, I would almost think that Hawaii and Kansas belong in the national championship.

I can't help but think that the Big 12 might be a bit overrated but not nearly as much as the Big 10 is overrated. Just take a look at last year's national championship... A yet again, underrated SEC team beat up, slaughtered a Big Ten team. Oh, would that be the vaunted Ohio State? I might mention that I don't dislike Ohio State. A grandfather who has passed away, but I have great pride in, he was a Buckeye through and through. I just think they're highly overrated as is their conference... currently.

But I don't know of a better way. Each way seems to shut someone out. But I just can't see it working the way it does now.

And that Heisman race, that just confounds me.

No comments: