If you want to read the column I am talking about, go here....
I'm the type of person who enjoys good sports writing. I am not one to harp and criticize when I don't see it, typically.
Pat Forde, I've been reading your columns for years. I've been pretty excited and even exasperated by some of the things you have said. But this takes the cake. I read and spend time on ESPN.com to find good stories, heart-warming or heart-rending stories.
But who gave a bunch of writers (including Mr. Forde) the right to whine? Is it the same company who, for years, has given us good quality analysis and great information? I admit, now it's caged, quite often, in the 'insider' information. The whole company seems to be having issues... Is it the Disney influence or something else?
American society in general seems to have issues with entitlement. In a day and age when reporters can hop on a plane and get to point B, I'm surprised Mr. Forde didn't get to leave Little Rock and head to Tampa.
Of course, he's writing this column for a bunch of people who didn't get to see the basketball games of gloriously tumultuous Tampa except on television. I might add that since I don't have DirectTV, I was caught up in the choices of CBS.
That, and watching on the 15" laptop screen.
Sorry, but this is one of those times I have to say, "Boo Hoo Wah!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment