I must apologize. I've thought of writing a lot. I have written in my other (mostly anonymous) blog and yet, there I don't write about my passion for sports. I have so much that I could write about.
Like me rooting against the Patriots and for the Celtics. Like me rooting for the Football Giants and forever against the Yankees. And as I read the pages of the paper and the internet, I shake my head at the entire Knicks organization.
And now, it's March. March? The month of madness that is okay for all of us. The month were non-sports fans turn on the television and flip to CBS and root for teams like Belmont. My beloved Kentucky Wildcats lost yesterday. I haven't expressed much of an opinion on my favorite team for a while because of my own thoughts on what happened in the last year.
I was not one of the Kentucky fans who thought that Tubby Smith should go. I wasn't one of those folks who thought that he was so awful that he didn't deserve to be coaching in Division I. I only thought Tubby Smith should leave Kentucky because of one reason: the pressure was getting to him. He needs to be some place (like Minnesota) where he'll be loved for doing a good job.
And I'm glad he's there. I don't know how Billy Gillispie is going to do at UK, but I do know that many of us UK fans out here really like the way he handled this season. And he had a comparably awful season. I am sure the Tubby-bashers don't want to hear that he won less than 22 games at any point during his ten-year tenure.
I'm proud of Kentucky the same way I was when Rick Pitino took over during the NCAA's punishment of the program. The team played under adversity and did not succumb.
And I now look forward to more basketball. I don't know if any of my readers (I believe there might be two, once in a while) know that I am just that big a sports fan.
Thank you for reading
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment